16 years ago i just knew something about my cycles just wasn’t what everyone had described it to be, and so began the strange weight gain. At the time its was just hitting puberty weight gain, to me i was so confused.
12 years ago i felt this strange feelings that i just wasn’t going to be able to have kids. Oddly enough my sister was on her her third child in three years. I figure genetics say she is a fertile murtel and i was going to be an old maid.
8 years ago diagnosed with PCOS for the first time, total denial about what the diagnosis. So the weight just wouldn’t come off and i was starting to gain slowly but surely. First prescription for Metformin. Lost some weight in the following year but gained it back the next.
4 years ago diagnosed with PCOS again, new doctor wanted to be sure. My health was out of control it was all over the place, i had weight gain, high blood pressure, depression symptoms, headaches, and stress though the roof. Also had a job that was causing 95% of my problems. All the health problems i was haing were considered to be symptoms of PCOS.
8 months ago diagnosed with PCOS for another time. First time i had ultrasounds of my ovaries to visually confirm PCOS. New doctors and this time i wanted to start trying to conceive (TTC). At about the same time another doctor told me it wasn’t PCOS i had glucose intolerance which strangely enough is a symptom of PCOS. I was back on Metformin off of any birth control and TTC.
2 month ago after 6 months of TTC naturally and with no positive OPK’s (ovulation predictor kits) i decide it was time to see the OB/GYN about trying something else. It was an awesome first meeting because she heard me out and we really were on the same page. She upped my Metformin to 1500mg and my next cycle i would be days 3-7 25mg of clomid. Really exited to try it out and was to optimistic it would work.
1 month ago i started taking clomid. WHOA side effects day two was the most angry PMS symptoms i have ever had. Day 1 perfectly fine, no side effects thought i was in the clear. Day 2 i had some mild hot flashes in the evening thought maybe it was just the first heat wave of summer hitting me. Day 3 watch out I was so cranky and agitated for no reason. I swear my husband didn’t love me anymore even though he had been at work all day. Day 4 CRAVINGS after fighting them all day i finally conceded and went to the store bought 42$ of every random junk food i found, luckily it was just craving because the junk food lasted for the next three weeks. I also notice i stated to rub my belly and place my hands on it, it was mildly bloated but nothing major. This was eye raising for me because typically i hate my belly, it is usually one of my least favorite side effects of weight gain. Even my husband knows i hate him touching it.
- CD14 (cycle day) i went for my first ultrasound to check for follicle growth, sadly nothing on my right ovary and on my left there was a medium size follicle. The follicle growth was on 14mm which is too small to ovulate an egg from it needs to be 21mm or more. My Dr. felt like it could possible continue to grow so i should come back in five days and recheck it. I am not going to hide it but i was a little sadden and blue for the next few days but though there still might be hope.
- CD18 follicle recheck, still nothing on the right but the left side had grown 4mm but was still only 18mm, not big enough to ovulate. We discussed our plain of action for the next month, i am upping the clomid to 50mg, and i am going to come in around CD16 this time because my natural cycles are a little longer than the normal 28 day. My cycles are between 30-34 days which is normal for PCOS.
- CD40 I took as pregnancy test on and it was negative, with mixed emotion as i would of love a miracle. Since i never saw a positive on my OPK’s i figured i never ovulated, therefore i should of started my next cycle on CD34 but nothing has happened.
- CD42 Sent my OB/GYN a e-mail letting her know where i was at and what she thought i should do next. Response: wait another week if the next cycle doesn’t start by then take another pregnancy test if neg we will discuss our next step.
- CD43 Today! headache all morning during household cleaning could be allergies could just be a headache but i am not sure how i should be treating my current condition, do i act pregnant and psych my self into think so meaning no meds for headache and defiantly no allergy medications. Who knows i am just going to proceed with caution at this point.
To be continued…